A large part of my work these days is teaching, preaching, retreat facilitating and workshop presenting. I especially love to lead in retreat settings in which I can provide spiritual direction consultation to the process of both planning and presenting the retreat. I’d love to talk about giving guidance to your upcoming retreat.
A few themes around which I’ve taught or presented recently include:
- Dealing with Burnout: Finding True Rest in God Alone
- Learning to Listen to God in Prayer
- Breaking Free from Hurry
- Walking with God…Not Rushing
- Integrating Spiritual Formation and Leadership Development.
- Spiritual Formation: The God Who Makes Us Holy
- Ministry as Overflow: Learning to Lead from Abundance
- Living with the Classic Spiritual Writings
- The Practice of Unhurrying Our Lives
- The Practice of Solitude and Silence
- Cultivating a Holy Rhythm of Life
- Much More Fruitful: Understanding the Pruning Places Along the Way
- God’s Grace as a Way of Life
- Learning from the Hours of Prayer (fixed-hour prayer)
As for facilitating Christian spiritual practices in retreat settings, I have found these very fruitful:
- Solitude & Silence: Intro, Experience & Debrief
- Listening to God in Community
- Strategic, leadership prayer
- Lectio Divina: Reading the Scriptures for Transformation
- Examen & Gratitude
- Noticing God
I’d love to talk with you further about how I might serve your group. Go to my “Contact” page for how to reach me.