It’s time to list my most visited posts of the last month. As always, other than the home page, the two pages that continue to be visited more than any other are “Retreats” and “Ministry Burnout Statistics.” Other posts that have been popular recently (beginning with the most visited) are:
- “Spiritual Direction: Insights From a Master” – I reposted a list of some of my favorite quotations from a spiritual director I’ve appreciated over the year: Abbé Henri de Tourville. This is rich stuff!
- “A Fall Experiment: Praying the Psalms” – This launched a series of posts growing out of an experiment a few of us have been doing since Fall began of praying a psalm in common two days a week, and then sharing our insights. This post includes a downloadable journal resource.
- “Clinging to God Alone” – Here I shared a quotation about Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross and what they say about the temptation to cling to our experiences of God at the expense of clinging to God Himself.
- “A Good Word: The Fruit of Fasting” – I shared a great quotation from Scot McKnight’s book on Fasting about how we don’t fast to make something happen as much as to seek to share God’s heart.
- “I Give Up!” – I reposted a great quotation from Gerald May on the nature of true surrender that apparently struck a chord with many readers.
- “A Good Word: The Hard Habit of Regular Prayer” – A simple and profound quotation on how we learn to pray by praying, rather than reading about, talking about or hearing about prayer.